But what is Reiki and how can it help you and your family and pets?
This week reports came out that Meghan Markle is apparently a big advocate of Reiki and tapping therapy! A source close to Meghan has reportedly told about how Meghan does Reiki on herself, and even on Archie and her dogs to help them feel more balanced and relaxed.
In an interview with Dax Shepard on his podcast ‘Armchair Expert,’ Prince Harry spoke about his journey with mental health and overcoming ancestral trauma, and reportedly he and his wife are taking several natural steps to bring more relaxation and balance into their lives to make some important changes.
It is so exciting to see these big names with huge global platforms talking about Reiki and energy techniques!
So what is Reiki and how does it really work?
“Reiki is the greatest secret in the science of energetic.”– Madam Hawayo Takata
- Reiki is a type of complementary therapy in which a practitioner puts their hands lightly on or near your body.
- This healing touch therapy was developed by Mikao Usui in Japan in the early 20th century.
- Reiki helps to relax and calm the feelings of anxiety and stress.
- It works with the natural energy fields in and around the body to heal on a physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual level.
- We can do Reiki on ourselves and also work with other people, working with a set of specific hand positions to target key energy centres in the body.
- Lots of complementary therapies work with energy – including yoga, acupuncture and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), which is used to relieve anxiety and emotional pain by tapping on pressure points. Reiki is one of the simplest energy therapies to learn!
- The five key aspects of Reiki are: Mediation, Hands-on Healing, Attunements (Reiki Initiations), Reiki Symbols (sacred Japanese symbols used to connect with certain healing frequencies of energy), and The Five Reiki Principles.
- The Reiki Principles are the key lessons that Reiki Practitioners aim to live by:
- Just for today I will not worry
- Just for today I will not be angry
- Just for today I will do my work honestly
- Just for today I will be kind to my neighbour and every living thing.
“Reiki is intelligent. The beautiful thing about Reiki is that whatever the problem, Reiki energy goes where it is needed to do the greatest good.”Garry Malone, Founder of the Reiki Store, Author of The Essence of Reiki
How can I learn Reiki?
You don’t have to be a Reiki Practitioner to try self-reiki, you can simply lay you hands on your body in the Reiki hand positions and meditate on the the feeling of calm and relaxation.
To deepen this connection you can learn Reiki and become ‘attuned’ to Reiki through an initiation ceremony where an experienced Reiki Master will open up and clear your energy channels so you can tap back into this natural life energy in a more powerful way.
If you are interested in learning more about Reiki – head over to our Reiki Courses to learn online and start using Reiki in your own life.
Animal Reiki: Does Reiki work on Pets and Animals?
Reiki is great for pets and animals, so I am not surprised that Meghan Markle would reportedly use it on her beloved dogs! Animals are very sensitive to energy. And we know that the pets in our homes can easily pick up on the energy in our homes. A lot of animals suffer from anxiety and have species-specific conditions and issues that their owners need to support.
Reiki is a really easy way to naturally support the daily health and wellbeing of our pets.
Obviously we never know all the facts and details with reports like these, but any news that brings awareness to the incredible power of Reiki to relax and heal, it good for the Reiki community in our opinion. Its so nice to hear about the ways in which Reiki is making a positive impact in people’s lives. And I think if people as famous and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are said to be using to these natural therapies, hopefully more people will have a little google and start to find out more about the ways in which Reiki can help their lives too!
Love and Light,